Posts Tagged ‘Gameday’
below is a recap written by chapter president Marc Brafman of this past weekend’s Alabama vs. Kentucky game, as attended in Kentucky by a large number of Chicago area alumni.
For those of you that were at the game it was great seeing you and I hope we can do it again next year. Here are a couple of my quick thoughts on the UK experience.
- The biggest cheer of the entire afternoon was for the Men’s basketball team and Coach Cal. I turned to my Dad who was at the game with me and we both wondered the same thing: What must the football team be thinking hearing that? (at the time the game was 7-6).
- I had to listen to two Bama fans behind me debate for 10 mins. whether Saban was mad at the team or not because he wasn’t walking up and down the sideline, instead he was just standing with his arms crossed.
- Trust me on this without the band or a tape of the song, the Rammer Jammer stinks when we try and do it on our own.
- I’m still confused as to why the Kentucky half time band played a tribute to the space program. Nothing like hearing the theme from 2001 (Ric Flair’s theme music played by a marching band.
- One of the cool things that UK does before each game is the Call to the post like you are at a horse race.
- Mark Ingram is going to be the best running back that Alabama has ever had when all is said and done.
- During the middle part of the game when we couldn’t do anything on offense my mom turns to me and says “I thought you told me Alabama was going to win big.” I also had to tell her that Alabama fans don’t say go Alabama they say roll tide.
- The hotdogs at UK are terrible in comparison to the Bama dogs at Bryant Denny.
- I can’t wait for the second half of the season.